Some of you may have seen a project I was working on in the past, based on some open source code I found a few years back. This project was Wolfenstein Pre-D : http://www.webosnation.com/wolfenstein-pre-d-want
The reason i bring up this project is that for the past 3 years this engine has been tweaked, expanded, optimized and nearly perfected. Figured since this is a baby of mine, off and on at least, I’d post some updates on the project here to let you all know where I’m at with it at the moment.
So let’s start off with a list of the things I’ve improved since the world last heard of Wolfenstein Pre-D:
Improved speed of the raycasting renderer exponentially, the game is now super smooth with high quality rendering
Improved the actual rendering of the walls, much smoother and prettier
Expanded the weapons system
Added support for projectile based weapons
Walls can now be animated
Fully implemented expansive switch system, switches toggled can perform almost any action imaginable
Added sliding doors, fully lockable
Expanded enemy animation system
And now for the screenies!!
So that’s where i’m at, since i did lose some progress a while back. I’m still working on this lil puppy off and on, and you can expect to see some games of mine utilizing this engine online in the future 🙂